With summer quickly approaching, we were inspired to create a wedding palette that incorporated a subtle backdrop with a bright pop of color. Tangerine and steel gray were the two perfect colors for our elegant, classic and sophisticated wedding vision!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Everyone loves to receive something in the mail; there is just something about going to the mailbox and seeing a hand-addressed envelope waiting only for you.
So, after a shower, engagement or wedding gift has been received, the gift giver is just as excited to receive something in the mail...(drumroll)...the thank you note!
Ten Do’s and Don’ts of Thank You Notes, courtesy of etiquette guru Emily Post.
- Do personalize your notes and make reference to the person as well as the gift.
- Do remember that a gift should be acknowledged with the same courtesy and generous spirit in which it was given.
- Do be enthusiastic, but don’t gush. Avoid saying a gift is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen unless you really mean it.
- Don’t send form letters or cards with printed messages and just your signature; don’t use email or post a generic thank you on your wedding web site in lieu of a personal note.
- Do promptly acknowledge the receipt of shipped gifts by sending a note right away or calling and following up with a written note in a day or two.
- Don’t mention that you plan to return a gift or that you are dissatisfied in any way.
- Don’t tailor your note to the perceived value of the gift; no one should receive a perfunctory note.
- Do refer to the way you will use a gift of money. Mentioning the amount is optional.
- Don’t include wedding photos or use photo cards if it will delay sending the note.
- Don’t use being late as an excuse not to write. Even if you are still sending notes after your first anniversary, keep writing!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
J Crew has published their 2010 Spring Look Book. Filled with simple and delightful pieces, the wedding dresses scream understated elegance and the bridesmaid dresses are pure eye candy; coming in a variety of coordinating colors - actual dresses that will be worn again!
Friday, February 19, 2010
Elissa and Jason had a fairytale winter wedding in Boulder. It was a gorgeous, crisp and beautiful winter day with an exciting chill in the air. Elissa and Jason saw one another before the ceremony with Chautauqua Park and the stunning Flatirons in the background. These two are absolutely smitten with one another and Elissa put it best, "I'm so excited to be Jason's wife." Congratulations!
Ceremony & Reception: Rembrandt Yard
Catering: Catering By Design
Photography: Jenna Walker Photographers
Make-Up: The Face Lab
Ceremony Music: David Marais
Band: The Heavy Cats
Cake: Mulberries Cake Shop
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Although the weather did not cooperate for the wedding of Nadia and David, the incessant rain could not damper their day. These two were rock-stars and their smiles, genuine happiness and love for one another was absolutely contagious. Thank you for letting us be a part of your day - we wish you nothing but the absolute best!Vendor List: Ceremony - Four Mile Historic Park Reception - The Space Gallery Photography - Zorn Photography Catering - A Spice of Life Music - Personal friend Cake - Personal friend Florist - Personal friend
Friday, February 12, 2010
Cloud 9 Papers, our sister stationery company, recently added two, stunning, fabulous and divine new lines to our collection. These lines came with amazing Save The Date cards, Wedding Invitations and all other wedding and paper accessories.
The new lines are Spark, offering Letterpress designs that are unique, creative and esentially you, and Monique Lhuillier featuring creations as elegant and stunning as the dresses she is known for.
Spark is currently running the following offer;
Wedding Love Offer If you place an order from the Spark wedding love albums for two wedding day items (programs, menus, place cards, table cards, gift tags, coasters), receive up to 50 one color table cards or 100 one color folded place cards. Ink color must be the same as the other wedding day items. Select from any of our standard papers.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
StudioWed, the chic place to plan a wedding, is officially open in the trendy Denver Highlands Neighborhood. Featuring 'an exclusive collection of Denver's wedding vendors representing the finest wedding professionals that service the state of Colorado', StudioWed is a 'revolutionary concept in local and destination weddings in Colorado'.
Pampered Papers, our in-house stationary company is an exclusive vendor at StudioWed.
StudioWed is located at;
4500 West 38th Avenue, Suite 100
Denver, Coloardo 80212